homeAbout UsTeachingPartiesFor the HomeFreebies

Monday, March 21, 2011

Milk & Cookies Baby Shower

I came across the cutest baby shower today at From Glitter to Gumdrops!  The Mommy-to-Be is a Reading Teacher, and the shower was given by her co-workers!  The color scheme was brown, white, & yellow (so fresh & cute)!  All the food was centered around cookies & the hostesses used some creative touches to make this a special shower!  Take a look at the photos, and then make sure you read the full shower post to see more pics and details!


She made these adorable milk carton invitations.  Click HERE for the how-to.  

 the shower set-up in their library (the sign-in table, dessert table, and cookie bar)

Guests were asked to write a greeting to the baby in the book, If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.

{The Dessert Table}
Stacks of children's books were used as cupcake pedestals (love it!).  Water bottles were dressed up with scrapbook paper, and milk was served in milk jars purchased at Hobby Lobby.  The Oreo Cupcake recipe can be found HERE.

This is a creative way to get something returned at a party that you want to keep for future celebrations.  It keeps guests from throwing away those cute bottles and keeps guests from asking "where should I put this?"

For party favors, a cookie bar was set up for guests to take home a personal selection of yummy treats!  Scrapbook paper was used to dress up the cookie jars.

Each table in the library was decorated with cute fabric, daisies in vintage jars, and a book to start the baby's library!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the idea! We JUST threw a baby shower at school for a girl on my team. Waaaa! I'm keeping this in a file for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to my old co-teacher/assistant principal's baby shower on April 5th. I shared the idea. Too Cute!!

    Cheryl
    Primary Graffiti

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I would have seen this a week ago! I just threw a baby shower for my daughter and this would have been wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO SWEET! Kiss from Argentina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the feature! I heart your blog, and I'm glad I found ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative idea! Love it!! I will have to keep this idea in mind for sure!
    Allison
    www.room-mom101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have the label for the paper bags you used for the shower. I want to do this in a month. Can you help me???

    ReplyDelete