homeAbout UsTeachingPartiesFor the HomeFreebies

Friday, February 11, 2011

Theme Thursday....um---Friday?

So here is something FABULOUS that my kids enjoyed doing while talking about mailing our Valentines this week.  Sorry it's a day late.....Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice were both on and I got a little distracted. :) We were talking about sequence of events and using the "special words" .....you know....FRIST, THEN, and NEXT! So after blog stalking, I came up with this idea and you are WELCOME to download it at my TpT store.  I used this in a writer's workshop that we did Wednesday. We brainstormed ways we could mail letters to our friends. Then I gave let them decide on the steps to mail their valentine. Some kids got in depth {like starting with making the "Valentime" (thanks Junie B.) first. Then, some of the kids even mentioned asking their parents to take them to the post office. VERY CUTE....and the cutest-- ask Grandma for a stamp and hand to the mail man when he drops off the mail. I just LOVE these activities!
  Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment