homeAbout UsTeachingPartiesFor the HomeFreebies

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Reading Activities

I have been doing some research here lately because we've been out for snow since Christmas, so I've had plenty of time to look for awesome ideas! I am looking for several different (fun) ways for my kids to practice their spelling words and not to mention read their weekly stories that sometimes even I find boring. I found the most FABULOUS website and thought I would share it with you! Go on- head on over and check her out- I even snagged her lesson plan template and I LOVE it! Thank you so much Mrs. Oakes!  Here is the link for her awesome lesson plans ladies. 
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about boring stories. Sometimes I wonder, What were they thinking when they wrote this. Anyway, I've been thinking of typing up my students stories on www.xtranormal.com and watching the animation with my class. It was thinking they would enjoy it and it would help with retention.

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blog also. Where is the lesson plan template? Can't find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out http://www.humphriesclass.com/spelling.html for spelling ideas. There are a few really boring stories coming up in our reading series... I'm not looking forward to those! :/

    Ms. M- that's a cool idea about extranormal. I'll have to give that a shot! :)

    http://teachinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to it too Ash. I think after I try it I'll blog about it. Another teacher recomended it to me. Just remember it's www.xtranormal.com, no e.

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete