homeAbout UsTeachingPartiesFor the HomeFreebies

Friday, September 24, 2010

{New In the Shop}: Five Little Pumpkins

I'm sure you all have heard at least one version of the rhyme, "Five Little Pumpkins."  I used to do that rhyme as an activity with my Kindergartners every year!  


This year, I taught the rhyme to my 2-year-old & he LOVES it!   I had a magnetic cookie sheet waiting to be used, so I decided to make some printables to go with the rhyme.  So, available in our shop today is the "Five Little Pumpkins Printable Activity."  It includes a spooky moonlit background page with a gate, a page with 5 numbered pumpkins, and the rhyme printed on cute Halloween scrapbook paper {courtesy of Paint it Sew Thrifty.}






This year, I taught the rhyme to my 2-year-old & he LOVES it!   I had a magnetic cookie sheet waiting to be used, so I decided to make some printables to go with the rhyme.  So, available in our shop today is the "Five Little Pumpkins Printable Activity."  It includes a spooky moonlit background page with a gate, a page with 5 numbered pumpkins, and the rhyme printed on cute Halloween scrapbook paper.  


What I did was print out each page & laminate them for durability.  Then, I simply taped the background image onto my cookie sheet (because I want to be able to use it for other activities).  I cut out the pumpkins and then added adhesive magnetic tape to the back of each one.  Then, your Little Pumpkins can move the pumpkins around as you act out the rhyme together.   You could also cut out the pieces and add to a file folder.








This activity reinforces (1) number sequence  (2) number identification  (3) rhyming,  & (4) fine motor skills.  You can purchase your printable activity HERE!      
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment